Monday, February 4, 2013

Magical Monday #2: A Trip to Neverland & the Perfect Treat for the Journey!

Tomorrow Disney will release Peter Pan Diamond Edition. For the first time, Peter Pan will be available on Blu-ray combo pack & HD digital.

In celebration of this vault opening, we'll spend this
Magical Monday in Neverland!

Are you ready to go? Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.


... WAIT!! First, let's whip up some quick road trip
flight to Neverland snacks! ;*)


As we prep for this adventure, I happily bring you
{Peter} Pan Pudding!





Let's start by creating a yummy accessory for Pan, a fruity feather!
*I used a printable feather template found via google search, courtesy of HeraldExtra.com.







Carefully remove the clear wrappers, then attach those delicious feathers to the sides of each cup. Since the fruit roll-ups are so sticky, I simply pressed mine against the outside the cups and they remained secure. If you're concerned about the possibility of them coming apart from the dessert cups you could also use a small piece of tape just under roll-up, where the toothpick is showing. If you're a "just to be on the safe side" type, this would be a simple step to certainty. ;)

Onto the main ingredient, pudding!

You can use any light colored pudding you prefer. Prepare pudding according to package directions. Add green food coloring (a few drops at a time), stirring and adding more as needed, until you achieve the desired shade of green.

Fill cups with pudding, and add the final accessory, Peter Pan's belt. Wrap a brown pipe cleaner around cup, and twist in back to secure.

These treats are perfect for a trip to Neverland!



A quick tip if prepping these for a party...

Now that we have these adorable treats ready, I can hardly wait for tomorrow!



Thank you so much for visiting today! I'm incredibly excited about the fun movie snacks & character crafts that I have planned for our Peter Pan family movie night later this week. I'll be delighted to share them with you all next Magical Monday. You won't want to miss it!

Happy Thoughts & Pixie Dust,
Brenda


Thanks for stopping by! Don't be shy. Please say, "HI!"


{Visit my LINK PARTIES! page to see where I've shared this,
and find other fabulous bloggers' creations & ideas, too!}


32 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! Sound like your in for a fun day tomorrow!!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula! I don't know who's more excited, me or my girlies! teehee! ;*) Love planning themey family fun ... should be a great time! I look forward to sharing more with you next week! ;) Thanks for taking the time to comment. Great to hear from you! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Brenda! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Thought I would return the favor. Love the blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously you are super mom!! Love these! Not sure why I havent colored pudding before?! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, aren't you just the absolute sweetest!! Thanks, Kristine! :D ...Your comments always make me smile! :*)

      Delete
  4. I love Peter Pan! We ordered it through our Disney Club membership and I can't wait for it to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love Peter Pan too! It's such a "magical" classic! :) ... How fun!! Disney mail is the best ;) Hope it makes it to you soon!! Thanks so much for stopping by! Wonderful to hear from you today! :)

      Delete
  5. OH girl that is great!! I'm a big theme party girl and this is just too fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! LOVE themey fun!! :-) Thanks for the sweet comment, Alexis!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Brenda, I love your Pan Pudding. How cute! Thanks for leaving your link on my blog. I'm having fun looking around. But what is funny is that I was here a couple days ago and pinned your Operation: Cheer. And I think I may have found a kindred spirit in our love of Disney. :) Have a great night! ~Kristen, Celebrate Every Day With Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny!! Thanks so much for pinning the other day...& it's wonderful to "meet you" today! It sounds like we have MUCH in common! ;*) Looking forward to getting to know you better! Appreciate you stopping by ... your comment made me smile! :D
      Hope you've enjoyed a great night too, Kristen! :)

      Delete
  7. That is so cute! And Peter Pan is one of my favorite Disney movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissy! It's one of my faves too! :)
      Have yourself a fabulous day! Great to hear from you:)

      Delete
  8. This is fabulous! I love it! I really need to watch this again! Thanks for this awesome recipe - I am now following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS for your sweet comment and for following too, Rebecca!! :)

      Delete
  9. This is SO. CUTE. My heart nearly popped out of my chest when I heard about the diamond edition--Disney is even doing some sweepstakes that involve flying (with the help of some pixie dust?) to London! So. Fun. I'm glad you're celebrating, this post was a real kicker and highlight of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! Your comment sure made me smile!! ;*) Glad you enjoyed the post! ... EXCITED to share MORE PETER PAN GOODNESS with you this coming "Magical Monday"!! :D

      Delete
  10. Brenda,
    What a great dessert for a great film! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought Peter Pan at Target! I think I will do this for the kids tomorrow night! Great idea!
    Thanks!
    Amy @Making Life Whimsical
    www.makinglifewhimsical.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, Amy! Glad you like the idea! ;*) We just enjoyed a Peter Pan family movie party here...SO MUCH FUN!! Excited to share more from that this coming "Magical Monday"!! Hope you'll be back to check that out too! ;)

      Have a FUN family movie night tomorrow!! :D

      Delete
  12. Thanks for leaving your link on my blog. I love this Peter Pan pudding, it is too cute! My niece and nephew would love this! Pinning this and liking your site from Sarah Lynn's Sweets!

    ~Sarah Lynn
    http://www.sarahlynnssweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning, & following too!! Hope you enjoy this fun & simple treat with your niece and nephew soon! =) I'm looking forward to sharing a few more fun ideas for Peter Pan movie nights this "Magical Monday" too!! Hope you'll be back to check that out too! ;*)

      Great to "meet you" today, Sarah!! Hope you're enjoying a fabulous night!! :D

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness... How fun! Total Disney lovers here! Thanks so much for sharing at Super Saturday Show & Tell today... this looks amazing!! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too adorable. What nice family fun, too. Thanks for sharing. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun idea! My daughter would love it :)
    Thanks for sharing at Artsy Corner! Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute idea! I am so glad you shared your link at my link party last weekend! Hope to see you again this week @The Weekend re-Treat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute idea! Thank you so much for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! I hope to see you again tomorrow! Here's the link:
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-3.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you today! I enjoy reading each and every comment I receive. (I do moderate them before they're published. Gotta keep it family friendly! ;)) Let's chat! B.Y.O.C. {Bring Your Own Chocolate!}